What is link in bio?
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
What is ‘link in bio’?
If you’ve been on TikTok or Instagram, you’ve likely seen creators calling out their link in bio in their photos, videos and post descriptions. But you may be asking yourself, what is ‘link in bio’? Why is this important, and how do I add a link to my bio?
Link in bio is essentially a clickable link in a user’s social media profile that takes visitors to a separate website. This could be a different social media account, their website, or a landing page for a product that they’re promoting.
Both TikTok and Instagram place limits on the number of links you can have in your bio. Currently, both TikTok and Instagramboth allow you to add only one link to your bio (and don’t allow you to add hyperlinks to your posts, unless it’s an ad), which led to the rise of tools that let creators create custom pages that host links to their favorite products, websites, playlists, and more.
Why should I use a ‘link in bio’ tool?
Due to the limits social media sites like TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter place on the number of clickable links you can have in your profile, a link in bio tool is essential to capitalize on the engagement your followers give you. Some followers may be more interested in seeing products you use and promote, whereas others may want to find your profiles on other social media platforms or read a recent article that features you. It’s impossible to cater to every follower’s unique needs without using a link in bio tool that provides multiple link options.
What should I include in my link in bio?
When deciding what to include in your link in bio, the link that you place in your social media bio should be a link to a tool, such as pager, so that you can direct your users to all of your other social media profiles, favorite products, and other websites at once.
Here are some ideas for how to use your link in bio tool:
- Directing people to a video (such as a YouTube videos you enjoy).
- Sending people to a podcast (either a podcast you host yourself or podcasts you enjoy listening to).
- Linking people to your Spotify playlist, or a song that you like.
- Providing more information about your brand beyond the limits of what you can explain in your social media bio.A link toyour personal website where you sell merchandise, gather email newsletter subscribers, and much more.
- Promoting a sale or discount for companies that you partner with.
- Sending people to contests or giveaways you’re offering.
- Sending people to affiliate links for products you’re helping to promote.
And much more!
Tips for link in bio success
Below are some tips to help you make the most our of your link in bio tool.
- Use the same link in bio tool for all of your social media sites.
- Use collections that are relevant for each audience. For example, you may want to link your TikTok followers to a different collection or grouping of links than your Instagram followers. Unlike many link in bio tools, pager makes it easy to create collections of different screenshots.
- Double check all of your links! Nobody likes going to a broken 404 page, so be sure to double check all of your links to make sure they work.
- Be sure to link all of your other social media profiles. Just because somebody follows you on Instagram doesn’t mean they follow you on TikTok, and this is a great (and easy!) way to grow your follower count on multiple platforms.
- In addition to monitoring your followers, likes, comments, and other social media engagements, monitoring your link in bio clicks is a great way to measure how engaged your audience is with your content, and a great way to continue to grow your personal brand outside of the social media platform. It’s also a great opportunity to show brands you work with how engaged your followers are with you.
Link in bio example links:
Below are a few TikTok profiles showing a link in bio example.
Getting started with link in bio
To get started with pager link in bio tool, click here to sign up. Pager is a new way to discover and share all things online powered by smart screenshots.