Terms and Conditions
• We collect Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) from users of our Website, App and other Services when it is voluntarily provided to us (see Information We Collect About You).
• We will not use your Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than as described in How We Use Your Information.
• We will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with anyone except as described in How We Share Your Information.
• Our Services are meant to be used only by users who are 13 years old or older. See Protection For Children below for more information.
• If you wish to opt-out of our communications to you at any time, you can contact us as described in Opt-Out below.
• If you reside in certain jurisdictions, you may have additional rights over the information we have about you. Please see Your Rights in Specific Jurisdictions below for more details.
Information We Collect About You:
We may collect information, including Personally Identifiable Information, when you provide such information to us directly, such as when you send us an email or otherwise interact with us on the Website (via our webform) or through our App. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that specifically identifies you. Your provision of your Personally Identifiable Information to us is completely voluntary and may include:
• Identity data include your name or social media user name; and
• Contact data including your telephone number, email address and mailing address.
We may also collect information from you that may not directly identify you such as:
• Content that you may provide us to distribute to other users, such as URL Links, images (including screenshots) and text messages;
• Communications and suggestions that you may send us directly through our Website or App; and
• Marketing data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
We may also collect your identity data (such as your name or social media user name) or contact data (such as your telephone number, email address or mailing address) when our users submit your information to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information and other information as described herein including for the following purposes:
• to register and create your account with us in order to use our App or other Services;
• to contact you about our Services;
• to enable you to use our Website, App and other Services, including to allow you to send communications, such as text messages, to friends on your contact list through the App and connect and communicate with other App users. If you allow us access to contacts on your phone through the App, we use that information to cross reference our existing users to find other in your contact list who already use our products. You can also invite a friend via SMS through the app. If you do this, we will send them a text message and save their phone number for analytics. We do not send text messages to people without your explicit consent.
• to personalize your experience with us including by presenting products or offers tailored to you;
• to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, Services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
• for internal research for technological development and demonstration and to improve, upgrade or enhance our Website and Services;
• for detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• to respond to your direct inquiries, such as emails you send us directly or communications to us through our webform;
• to add you to our marketing lists and send you emails or texts from time to time, for example, if our users provide us your contact information, in such instances, we may send you limited communications. If you have received such communication from us and would like us to delete your information from our records, you may opt-out of further communications from us at any time by contacting us as described in Opt-Out below; and
• for any additional purposes that you specifically consent to.
How We Share Your Information
Besides using your Personally Identifiable Information ourselves, we may send your Personally Identifiable Information and other information to other companies, affiliates and third parties in the following instances:
• Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, auditing, and anti-fraud monitoring. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information that is necessary to perform their functions.
• Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Business Transfers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information and other information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition, or divestiture.
• Aggregated or Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share aggregated information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information with unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, in a form in which means the shared information will not contain nor be linked to any Personally Identifiable Information, to improve and enhance your experience using the Website and Services and for our market research activities.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
Cross Device Matching
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to facilitate cross device association. We or our third party vendors analyze device activity data using a mathematical tool known as a “probabilistic algorithm” to determine if you have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices. In connection with this analysis, we may rely on Non-Personally Identifiable Information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data) from third parties such as data vendors, pursuant to their own privacy policies or we may use the Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect in conjunction with such third party data. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated and may provide other services to our advertisers such as tools, analyses, data and insights to see how their website or mobile applications are used and to further enable the display of targeted advertisements to you, including across your devices. Our advertisers may also provide us with deterministic data about you that may be used to supplement our probabilistic data. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated and may provide other services to our advertisers such as tools, analyses, data and insights to see how their website or mobile applications are used and to further enable cross-device targeting and analysis. In order to restrict our use of certain cross-device data, you may opt out in accordance with this section or the “Opt Out” section below.
The security of your information is very important to us. We attempt to provide for the secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers by utilizing encryption software. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Pager, or information stored on the Website, our Services or our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of the Website, App or Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your Personally Identifiable Information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Contact section below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Website, App or Services and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Protection for Children
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from minors. When we become aware that Personally Identifiable Information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law) has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you believe we might have any Personally Identifiable Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Websites and Social Networking Services
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Website, App or Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you navigate away from our Website, App or Services, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
The Website, App or Services may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, App or Services, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that Personally Identifiable Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at OptOut@pager.xyz. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Website, App or Services may no longer be available to you.
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected.
Please note that, unless required by law, we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Changes to policy:
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time, provided that any such modifications will only be applied prospectively. Your continued use of the Website, App or Services following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: email@example.com
Our Website is maintained in the United States of America. If you are located outside the U.S., by using the Website, you authorize the export of your information to the USA and its storage and use as specified in this policy.
Your Rights in Specific Jurisdictions
California Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Website, App or other Service where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
California “Shine the Light”
We do not disclose your personal information, as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light”), to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that we do not sell your covered information (as those terms are defined in N.R.S. 603A) that we have collected, or may collect, from you. We do not sell your covered information, however, if you would like to make such a request you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.